Saturday, March 1, 2014

And the Academy Award for Best Picture Goes to....



Are you wondering why you see this when you look out your window?



Sorry, I forgot to warn you.

I'm sure you've heard of this little thing called the Academy Awards. They're happening this Sunday. There are some amazing movies nominated this year:
Captain Phillips, American Hustle and 12 Years a Slave are all worthy of winning that coveted Oscar for Best Picture.
My bet, however, is for a small, local production. An independent film, written, directed and produced by a team of rising stars. The critics have called it a "Cinematic Tour de Force!" and proclaimed it an"Epic Thrill Ride!" 
I completely agree and plan on watching the Academy Awards on Sunday night as this masterpiece takes home the coveted gold statue.


What film am I talking about?

I present to you...

The War:Persues VS. Medusa
Also known as: Medusa's Lair


See for yourself what the buzz is all about!



Isn't that awesome? This project has been quite a while in the making. After reading several versions of Medusa, the students wrote this version. It's quite a complicated story, and this was a good way for me to assess their understanding. Obviously, they know the story inside and out! They constructed the puppets on their own and patiently endured the long process of rehearsing, blocking, and filming the movie. They have not yet seen the full, edited production, so feel free to watch it as a family ("A Feel Good Hit for the Whole Family!").

So, sorry about the paparazzi in your driveway. Just make sure to apply lipstick and shades before you leave the house. 
I can't wait to see you all Sunday night at the Oscars. I should be easy to spot; I'm borrowing a dress from a friend:



 

No comments:

Post a Comment